PRINCE2® for Projects
PRINCE2® is a scalable, flexible project management methodology with a structured process-based approach that can be tailored for managing projects of any size. PRINCE2 can be used on any type of project in any environment. It contains a complete set of concepts and project management processes for a properly run and managed project.
Key features are:
- Focus on business justification
- A sound governance structure
- Product-based planning approach
- Effective controls at all levels within a project
- Stages based on management decision points
- Flexibility to be applied at any level appropriate to a project
- Senior Managers/Project Sponsors responsible for projects
- Project Managers and Coordinators
- Project Team Managers
- Team Leaders
- Staff with a defined role in a project
- Some exposure to projects or a project management environment.
- A pass at Foundation level or approved RPL is a pre-requisite for taking the Practitioner Exam.
- RegPM or Cert IV or Diploma of Project Management gives you RPL to bypass the Foundation exam. Please ask us for the details.
detailed course information
The Foundation course covers all the PRINCE2 syllabus areas:
- Overview of PRINCE2 – the context of project management
- Seven Principles
- Seven Processes: Starting up a Project, Directing a Project, Initiating a Project, Managing a Stage Boundary, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Closing a Project
- Seven Themes: Organization, Business Case, Quality, Risk, Plans, Progress, Change
- Key Techniques: Product-Based Planning, Quality Review
- Tailoring the Method – making it work for you.
- In-depth Practitioner workshops provide a deeper grasp of PRINCE2 and how to apply it.
The course is available as a Foundation and Practitioner Course.
- Foundation Course is delivered over 3 days.
- Practitioner Course is delivered over a total of 5 days. 2 additional days to the Foundation Course.
- A mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a PRINCE2 accredited trainer.
- Workshops are designed to impart relevant skills and knowledge by working through real-life examples and scenarios. A case study is used throughout the course.
- A range of interactive workshops for exam preparation and practical application of PRINCE2.
Foundation Course includes a 1 hour, 75 multiple choice exam.
Practitioner Course includes a 2.5 hour exam.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available for this course.
Click here for more information.
Contact Living Planit to get a quote.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This course is conducted in partnership with Yellowhouse, an APMG Accredited Training Organization and AXELOS Certified
PRINCE2®, MSP®, MoP®, P3O®, M_o_R®, PRINCE2 Agile®, Resilia® and ITIL® are registered trademarks of AXELOS
Limited; The Swirl Logo™ is an AXELOS trademark.
Change Management™, Managing Benefits™, AgilePM™ and Facilitation™ are trademarks of APMG-International.