MoP® Foundation and Practitioner Course
Portfolio management seeks to build on, and better co-ordinate, existing processes such as strategic planning, investment appraisal and project and programme management.
Portfolio management is not concerned with the detailed management of these projects and programmes; rather, it approaches the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint, focusing on the key issues outlined above. The greatest success is realised when management boards use portfolio management to deliver the organisation’s corporate change portfolio as a whole.
Portfolio management addresses the fundamental questions:
- Are we doing the right things?
- Are we doing these things right?
- Most significantly, are we realising all the benefits in terms of more effective services and efficiency savings from the changes we are implementing?
Investment is the key word because portfolio management is about investing in the right change initiatives and implementing them correctly. MoP is structured around five flexible principles within which the two cycles and the 12 portfolio management practices exist. All portfolio management principles, cycles and practices are used at the same time albeit at varying levels of intensity, depending on the organization and the environment in which it works. The MoP guidance walks you through each principle, cycle and practice explaining the theory in detail at the same time as backing theory up with real world examples and useful ‘keys to success’.
detailed course information
The course is available as a Foundation and Practitioner Course.
- Foundation Course is delivered over 3 days.
- Practitioner Course is delivered over a total of 5 days. 2 additional days to the Foundation Course.
- Workshops are designed to impart relevant skills and knowledge by working through real-life examples and scenarios. A case study is used throughout the course.
- The course is available in blended mode, with the Practitioner upgrade taken as an eLearning option including all exam preparation. The exam is offered at a public venue.
Foundation Course includes a 50 multiple choice exam.
Practitioner Course includes a 3 hour exam.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available for this course.
Click here for more information.
Contact Living Planit to get a quote.
MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This course is conducted in partnership with Yellowhouse, an APMG Accredited Training Organization and AXELOS Certified Partner. http://www.apmg-international.com/AccreditedOrganisations/Yellowhouse.aspx
PRINCE2®, MSP®, MoP®, P3O®, M_o_R®, PRINCE2 Agile®, Resilia® and ITIL® are registered trademarks of AXELOSLimited; The Swirl Logo™ is an AXELOS trademark. Change Management™, Managing Benefits™, AgilePM™ and Facilitation™ are trademarks of APMG-International.