BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
The course delivers learning on how to improve communication and analytical skills to manage budgets, mitigate risks, integrate and evaluate projects. Participants develop confident project management skills to complete projects in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Participants undertake numerous practical activities on case studies from varying industries including construction/ engineering, product development, Information Technology and research and development/ organisational business initiatives. This supports learners in understanding the tools and techniques that are appropriate on different types of projects and how to tailor their project management approach for maximum value and effectiveness. Learners will also undertake a simulated project with their teams on the final day of the program.
Why Study with Living Planit?
- We offer practical, adaptable learning.
- Living Planit’s courses are Nationally Recognised and AIPM endorsed, meaning the courses meet the requirements of the project management industry.
- Course materials can be as generalised or customised as requested. Our materials can be developed to cater to a wide range of industries or adapted to a specific industry or even a company.
- Our trainers are leading specialists in their respective fields and have immense industry experience that provides an extra dimension to learning.
- Living Planit offers flexibility with customisation in materials and payment plans available for our clients.
- Project Managers or business owners with little formalised knowledge.
- Managers wishing to formalise their level of expertise in project management.
There are no specific education requirements. However, Living Planit does recommend prior knowledge to Project Management is advantageous.
Living Planit recommends that you have:
- Completed Year 12, OR
- A nationally recognised qualification at the Certificate III level or higher, OR
- 2 years of industry experience
This course would suit you if you have:
- Completed the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice, OR
- Completed equivalent units of competency
detailed course information
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration
- BSBMGT56 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG520 Manage project governance
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
The Assessment component of the course includes the satisfactory completion of:
- Class activities
- Underpinning Knowledge Questions
- Project evidence from the workplace (or case studies provided)
- Simultrain Project
It is compulsory for participants to be accessible to a laptop/tablet. The devices will primarily used for accessing the Internet and completing written work.
Minimum specifications for your devices are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Internet connection
- Web Browser
- Adobe Reader or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player
Our online assessment tool provides an indication on the level of language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study the VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Individuals may be subjected to completing the LLN Assessment prior to enrolment.
- Project Manager
- Project Leader
- Project Team Leader
- Project Contract Manager
- Project Vendor Manager
Recognition of Prior Learning is available for this course. Students will be required to provide evidence to the assessor to demonstrate their competence for each unit.
Click here to find out more
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Contact Living Planit to check your eligibility and more information.